Bed bugs are one of the most difficult pests to get rid of
That is why it’s wise to use a reputable pest control company like Terminators to ensure they are completely eradicated.
Bed bugs are hitch hikers. They can climb on you or your clothing anywhere. From restaurants, taxis, buses, movie houses, schools, planes, hotels and even guest houses.
Bed bugs are not just found in beds and mattresses. They only spend 40% of their time in the bed, the rest of the time they can be found in:
- Bed frames and headboard crevices
- Mattress seams,
- Carpets and underlay
- Skirting Boards,
- Between wooden floor boards
- In cracked or broken plaster, behind wall paper
- Inside electrical sockets and fittings
- Drawers and cupboard
- Bedside tables.
Signs of bed bug infestation:
- Dark / black stains – on mattress and surrounding areas from bed bug excreta
- Sweet scent – an unpleasant, sweet, sticky scent
- Small dark spots – small dark spots on bedding known as “faucal pellets”
- Live insects – despite being small (Adult are only 4 – 5 mm long) it’s possible to spot bed bugs and shed skins
- Blood spots – on the sheets or mattress
All the products we use are safe for people, children and animals and no-one needs to be out of the home.
How can we help you?
We are the only company in Saudi Arabia that offers a proper bed bug treatment program and staff training regarding bed bug inspections
- If you have and implement a proper bed bug treatment and management program you will not have to compensate or pay out clients for bed bug complaints.
- You will catch a bed bug infestation before it starts and you will be able to eradicate it before you lose any money.
- You will be able to pin point the origins of the bed bugs.
- Staff or clients bringing it in to your facility.
- You will not have to shut down multiple rooms or floors due to an outbreak of bed bugs.
- Your staff will be trained in proper inspection for bed bugs and what they must do if any are found to prevent the spread of bed bugs.
- We will train your staff and supply you with proper inspection forms and a bed bug training program.
BED BUGS – To treat or Not to treat
Why must we care about Bed Bugs?
- For the health of our clients
- For our companies reputation
- Media hysteria
- Loss of clients
- Clients not wanting to pay account
- Loss of company income
Reasons why bed bugs are serious?
- Mental Anguish
- Psychological Counseling
- Legal Fees
- Mental Duress
- Medical Expenses
- Moving Expenses
In October 2013 a woman from New York suffered 25 bed bug bites and sued the Holiday Inn in North CarolinA for US$7 million dollars.
In May 2013 a jury awarded a client US$650,000 for bed bugs because the client had no bed bugs program and the client was bitten.
In 2015 Thomas Cook made a 5 figure settlement payment for a couple bitten by bed bugs in a Caribbean Resort.
US$800,000 were awarded to an evicted tenant who complained about bed bugs. US$225,000 against a furniture store that sold an infested bunk bed.
US$100,000 to a hotel guest who staying in a room that was not inspected for bed bugs, and then suffered bites and distress.
US$2.45 million awarded to resident of a Des Moines public housing project (Elsie Mason Manor).
Hotel in the London had to pay a client £1,2 million due to 3 bed bug bites.
IN SAUDI ARABIA WE COMPENSATED THE CLIENT’S ROOM IF THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT BED BUGS, JUST SO THAT THEY DO NOT REPORT IT ON TRIP ADVISOR AND OTHER TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION SITES.
- Bed bugs are Not associated with someone or place being dirty
- They are found in: 5 Star Resorts, Hotels, Colleges, Hospitals, Movie theaters, Private homes, Workplaces
- Bed bugs have made a huge comeback worldwide due to international travel and the fact that they are Notorious Hitchhikers